Set: Abandoned Diner For this set, I decided to include a rundown diner that has gone out of business. To drive this point home, I included a nasty fridge, disgusting sink, messy front area, and a rodent. I used these images to demonstrate the horrendous conditions of the place and to make it seem as abandoned as possible. The color of the walls and signpost that says "diner" to make the audience think about it as an older, 1900s diner. I wanted the audience to assume it was an establishment that fell out of business and was simply just abandoned by the owners, town, and people. The terrible conditions were emphasized purposely in hopes of making the audience feel disgusted. Set: Gated Community To represent a gated community, I believed it was necessary to show a bright atmosphere with kids playing around and a modern house to demonstrate that it is a wealthy neighborhood. The kids playing on the street was made to show that the neighborhood is very secure as most parents w...
My teacher gave us a new assignment meant as practice for section B of a question that will be on our AICE Media Studies exam. It consists of 2 questions that the examinee must choose between (The highlighted question is the one I chose to answer): " Explain the importance of cross media synergies in the media area you have studied. OR New technologies have made audiences more complex and unpredictable. How far do you agree with this statement?" Cross media synergies are pivotal to the promotion and success of movies. Before they even release a movie, companies, such as Sony, have to ensure a certain level of success with their product in order to make profit. Sony was a small company like any other in 1946, when they were known as Tokyo Telecommunications Engineering Group in Japan. Since then, they acquired Tristar Pictures (a production company) and Columbia Pictures (a distribution company) to form the Sony Pictures Motion Group. Adding such groups allowed them t...
Comments
Post a Comment